Start 3D technology is all about converting 2-view 3D, to multi-view 3D. The Piku-Piku view is our way of presenting that result on a flat screen, and we think it's very effective. But it's not the only way you can see it.
One of the reasons multi-view 3D is so great, is because of lenticular prints. These are true 3D photographs, which use a special lens to show different views to each of your eyes. They are 3D without glasses. And, although you can make a lenticular print from just two views, multi-view lenticular prints are more comfortable to view, can be viewed by multiple people simultaneously, and the 3D effect is enhanced, not lost, as you move your head. It's like holding a piece of magic in your hands.
Until now, the only way to make multi-view lenticulars was to capture more views (perfectly aligned), or to have an artist do the conversion work by hand. So, our big news is that we've just started selling multi-view lenticular prints - and this is all you have to do to get them:
- Make sure your album allows printing. When viewing the album, click the 'Edit album properties' button to see/change the setting.
- View the photo you want to buy, and make sure you're happy with the results (any glitches you see will also be in the print).
- Click the 'Add to cart' button.
- Click on your cart icon in the top-right, set your currency and shipping zone (which must match your delivery address) and choose the quantity and type of print.
- Click on 'Proceed to checkout' and pay on the PayPal secure site.
We have two excellent lenticular print suppliers - In-Depth and Softmotion. The file we provide them is the same, so the difference between them is in their slightly different printing processes, choice of lenses, and prices. Softmotion is offering thin and thick lenses at 8"x6". The thin lens has a higher resolution, while the thick lens has more depth. The In-Depth 7"x5" is in between these two. Both Softmotion and In-Depth are offering 10"x8"s.
If you already do your own lenticular printing, and all you want is the hi-res file, you can buy that by selecting 'Downloadable file only' in your cart.
Please watch our video on youtube to see an example of what the print looks like.